Sunday, April 7, 2013

Evil Dead Movie Review

On Thursday night, I attended the midnight premiere of Evil Dead. The tagline of the film is "This is not a remake, it's a rebirth." They got it right.. It definitely was not a remake, because it did not have one thing the original 1981 film had.. Bruce Campbell, although, he did produce this one. This 2013 film was directed by Fede Alvarez, whereas the 1981 film was directed by Sam Raimi. The main characters were played by actors I had never heard of. That being said, I went into this movie blindly: not knowing if I hated an actor. Each of the main actors provided solid performances. Jane Levy played the female lead, Mia. Since the story revolved around this addict, she gave the greatest performace. Shiloh Fernandez, David (or Mia's deadbeat brother), was a sort of douche hero type, but nonetheless, gave an astounding performance. A major similarity between the cult classic and this "rebirth" is the gore! The entire film was basically red. Five young adults, and an immense amount of blood and gore. *** I advise sticking around until after the credits for a special treat. *** If blood, gore, or loss of limbs makes you queasy, I do NOT recommend seeing this film. I also do NOT recommend seeing this with children or the faint of heart. I do recommend this movie, however. It is just ill-advised to see it with the listed above. I give Evil Dead ** 1/2 out of ****. Reminder!!!: Do NOT take your children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment